The National Counselling Society recognises the importance of supporting a variety of organisations in the key role they have to play within the development of our profession.
We welcome enquiries from organisations who wish to support our work, display our logo and agree to abide by our Code of Ethics. It is important to note that organisational membership does NOT in itself provide a route to our Accredited Register.
If you are a training provider interested in assessment of your courses, please visit the Training Provider Membership section of the website.
Other types of organisations with whom we work include:
We are happy to work with awarding bodies who provide qualifications in counselling. We can assess qualifications which are at an appropriate Ofqual level and may be able to provide holders of such qualifications a more straightforward route to our Register.
We are happy to talk to organisations which run their own accreditation schemes for counsellors. In some circumstances a more straightforward route to our Register may be possible.
We are happy to work with organisations who provide services similar or related to counselling. We have various Individual membership grades of which some may be appropriate for your employees or volunteers.
- How to apply
We offer Organisational Membership to a variety of associations that offer relevant services and support throughout the counselling profession. Ranging from addiction services, bereavement support, to those affected by sexual abuse. Other examples may include those offering relationship counselling, child and adolescent counselling, and or, companies offering online learning and support platforms, the list goes on.
Please visit our Organisational Members page to see who we work with, and what they do.
To submit an application, please fill out the following form:
- NCS Organisational Membership Application Form
- Annual membership for charities, voluntary or not for profit organisations is £100
- Annual membership for commercial/profit making organisations is £200
As an organisational member of the NCS we ask you to agree to abide by the Society's Code of Ethics - this demonstrates to your peers and the public that your organisation is committed to safe and ethical practice.
If you have any queries please contact the Society via: email@example.com
- What are the benefits of Organisational Membership?
The benefits of being an Organisational member of the National Counselling Society are:
We support counselling as a unique vocation - our members feel valued and supported
- We listen to what you have to say and we share ideas with all our members.
- We participated in all of the discussions relating to this Government's plans for voluntary registers.
- Belong to a body which gives you a direct voice in policy - make your voice heard.
- Friendly and knowledgeable team.
Straightforward Application Process
- Timely and transparent assessment for membership.
- Dedicated team at the Society to help with your application.
- You will be entitled to use the National Counselling Society logo on your website.
- National Counselling Society e-brochures are available for you to share.
- You will receive the Society's monthly e-magazine.
If you're interested in looking into this please do get in touch with us!