Trauma Focused – CBT training
Embrace child victims of Crime will be holding a training event in Huntingdon on 15th and 16th May 2019.
Trauma focussed cognitive behaviour therapy (TF-CBT) is the only intervention recommended by NICE guidelines for children and young people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The cognitive model of PTSD in children and young people (Meiser-Stedman, 2002) will be presented and explained. This model will be used to consider:
• How children and families react to traumatic events.
• Risk factors for PTSD
• How TF-CBT and related interventions decrease distress and increase functioning.
By the end of this workshop the therapists should:
• Be familiar with and understand the cognitive model of PTSD
• Be aware of how children and young people commonly react to traumatic events (including PTSD) and how the cognitive model can account for these reactions.
• Have some understanding of how development and systemic factors impact on such a model
• Understand how to intervene effectively using TF-CBT, taking into account developmental and systemic issues.
• Be familiar with the evidence supporting TF-CBT for children and young people with PTSD.
Venue and Cost
Date: 15th and 16th May 2019
Venue: Huntingdonshire FA, Ambury House, 4 Sovereign Court, Lancaster Way Ermine Business Park,Huntingdon, PE29 6XU
Cost: £300 per delegate.
Contact: Please contact Emma Davies on email@example.com to book a place.