Mr Andrew Wilson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: AW00P27
I have been working as a therapist for nearly 10 years both for charities and privately. I work with both adults and young people and have developed an effective, integrative approach that incorporates various therapies which I tailor to the clients needs.
Are you struggling with life and having difficulty finding hope for your future? Do you feel good emotions or just numb and angry? At times we all struggle to find joy and fulfilment in life. In therapy we identify the internal causes and work together to find solutions.
Are you tired of repeating self-destructive behaviours? Do you feel stuck and unable to move on? All of us have our own way of dealing with things but unhealthy habits can lead to us feeling trapped. We break the cycle by developing awareness and establishing a new way of being.
How has your childhood affected you? Our childhood shapes the rest of our lives and learned reactions impact our relationships with others. In therapy you'll learn to recognise situations that cause you to react and learn to consciously choose how to respond.
I create a safe, non-judgmental, space in which you are able to identify your problems and their causes. I offer an integrative approach where I utilise a selection of therapeutic models as appropriate.
One of my specialisations is work with trauma. I incorporate sensorymotor psychotherapy to help you find relief from the automatic reaction to triggers and learn new positive responses. You can change and discover a more fulfilling life.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have an Advanced Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling Diploma.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken