Member Status: Accredited
Member No: BW00P04
Psychotherapy is the science and art of understanding and healing the human mind in conjunction with the individuality and uniqueness of each person.
Our experiences and our Past shape our life, the way we perceive the world, how we connect with others and in therapy all those factors are taken into consideration. Mental health issues affect how we think, feel, behave and relate to others and the world. Each mental health condition would manifest in a specific way but one of the most significant symptom is the persistent feeling of unhappiness in general that leads to inability to experience 'normality' in everyday life.
Although working in integrative style using strategies and tools from different schools of therapy such as CBT, REBT, the TIME Model, Person Centred therapy and Hypnotherapy, Bilyana would still use the holistic approach and focus on the client's uniqueness and personal experience.
The sessions are confidential and a safe space for the client to explore, share, open up and face the issues in non-judgmental and supportive environment.
At the present all sessions are via Skype, Zoom, FaceTime or phone call and Bilyana offers 30 minutes Free Zoom chat for each client so both sides can get acquainted and establish comfortable communication prior the Assessment Consultation.
For more information please visit: www.bilyanawhartonpsychotherapy.com
- Qualifications & ExperienceTraining, Qualifications & Experience
Certificate in Clinical Supervision – 2021 – School of Clinical and Neurolinguistic Hypnotherapy
Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Chrysalis Courses - 2012
Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy - Chrysalis Courses - 2011
Diploma Hypnotherapy and CS - Chrysalis Courses - 2010
Specialisation in Music - Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski - 1994
Master’s Degree in Pedagogy - Sofia University St Kliment Ohridski - 1994
Continuous Professional Development Courses
• Integrative Interventions for Anxiety, Depression and Mental Health Disorders training with Vanessa Ruiz – Essential Therapy Training - 2021
• The Dynamic Maturation Model of Attachment - Implications and Opportunities for Clinical Practice - Dr Benedict Gray - Roehampton University - 2021
• Trauma and Attachment: Effective Treatment Strategies for Individuals and Families - Terry Levy Ph.D. - Essential Therapy Training - 2021
• Working with Adult Clients with Attachment Trauma - with Arun Mansukhani Psy. Dp. - Essential Therapy Training - 2021
• The Knowledge Broker Blueprint - with Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi – 2019 - 2020 – six months course.
• Introduction to Gestalt & Parts Therapy - with Joanna Taylor School of Clinical & Neurolinguistic Hypnotherapy - 2020
• TEAM-CBT Methods for Anxiety Disorders: Step-by-Step training for Therapists - with David Burns, M.D., Jill Levitt, Ph.D. The Feeling good Institute – 2019
• Relationships Therapy – 2019 – own research into relationship dynamics, in particular intimate relationships and relationships between Parent and Adult Child.
• Hypno-Primal Weight Management Program – own research – 2018 – creating a holistic weight loss plan aligned with the natural Body-Mind connection.
• Next Level Workshop – own research – 2018 – using therapy with Future orientation to enhance performance and achievement.
• Child maltreatment, brain imaging and mental illness - RSM - The Royal Society of Medicine - 2018
• Do we dream to remember? Do we dream to survive? - RSM - The Royal Society of Medicine - 2018
• Anxiety Disorders- NICE - National Institute for Health and Care Excellence - e-learning - 2015
• Virtual Gastric Band Therapy - Sheila Granger -2012
• Self- Harm workshop - HOPE Foundation for survivors of sexual abuse - 2012
• Introduction to REBT - Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy - with Professor Windy Dryden - Leeds Counselling - 2011
• Surviving to Thriving - working with survivors of sexual abuse - HOPE Foundation for survivors of sexual abuse - 2011
• Basic awareness in Child Protection - North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Boards - 2011
• Trained and worked as a volunteer at HOPE foundation for survivors of sexual abuse – 18 months of experience and training – 2011 - 2012.
• Trained and worked as a therapist at Anxiety UK – 3 years of experience and training – 2015 - 2018.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken