Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS13-00188
Qualified Psychotherapist working within the Integrative Approach enabling me to be flexible to the clients needs of different ways of working. I offer a counselling service where a therapeutic relationship will enable you to be heard and supported to find your way through the journey of life. Specialising in trauma and addiction.
Having personal therapy at times in our lives when we need to get clarity or acceptance on the various things life can throw at us; in my opinion it is a must for emotional balance. Through counselling you would be able to process incidents from your past that may well still be affecting you in the here and now or look at the fears and anxiety of what life many bring. Whether it is grief, trauma, relationships, addiction or just the problems of life; I am able to offer you a place to work through and process your difficulties and by doing this you enable yourself to move forward and be free to enjoy the present and the future.
I am a member of National Counselling Society MNCS (ACC) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I am also a member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and I am working towards accreditation with them as well.
Alongside my private practice I work as a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant supporting people who have mental health issues to be able to stay in their employment through Access to Work. I have also worked within the addiction and housing sectors so have extensive knowledge.
If you would like to learn more about how we can work together please do contact me.
- Qualifications & Experience- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Anger Management Facilitation (British Association of Anger Management)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- TA-101 Certificate
- Safeguarding Children & Child Protection
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Awareness
- Twenty Two years experience with Twelve Step Recovery
- Good understanding of LGBT
- Twenty Five years experience of meditation
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken