Ms Sam Thorp
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-01452
I have been working as a psycho-therapeutic counsellor for 4 years providing a safe and confidential space for individuals to explore their issues and life experiences in order to achieve a greater sense of wellbeing and make positive change happen. I am guided by my client in terms of what they wish to focus upon and I offer warmth and empathy in my integrative and non-judgemental approach. If desired by the client, I also offer hypno-therapeutic techniques as part of the therapeutic process along with techniques to induce calm, space and inner peace.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. Dip. PsyC)
Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
Affiliated to the National Counselling Society: Accredited Registrant Member HYP13-00450
Affiliated to the National Hypnotherapy Society: Accredited Registrant Member NCS14-01452
Certificate in Mindfulness Based Interventions.
British Focusing Association Certificate in Focusing Skills.
Bristol University: Diploma Deaf Studies/BSL Interpreting.
Middlesex University Drama/French BA (hons) Degree.
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: labour
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken
- British Sign Language