Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-01518
I'm Philippa Davey, a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor, which means I am able to work with a number of different psychotherapeutic methods and can tailor therapy to suit your individual needs.
Counselling can help when life becomes difficult to cope with emotionally. You may be aware of a specific event that has triggered this or you may have no idea why you feel the way you do - you just know you are struggling and want to feel differently.
My approach to counselling is open and non-judgemental, encouraging and challenging when appropriate. It is important that you feel comfortable and able to explore your emotions freely. We work together to gain insight and understanding of the issues that have brought you to therapy and find the most appropriate solutions to enable you to move forward in a more positive way.
I work with adults, and teenagers aged 16+ and offer short-term or long-term therapy depending on the issues that you wish to address and the outcome you want to achieve.
Appointments are available in both Ipswich and Woodbridge and I also offer telephone and on-line sessions.
For more information please visit www.philippadaveycs.co.uk or telephone me on 07894 517627.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBA(Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy
Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (with Distinction)
Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
Advanced Certificate in Creative Therapies
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Prescribed Psychiatric Drug Dependence/Withdrawal
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken