Ms Diane Stables
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02098
I love my work as a counsellor helping people to make positive changes to their lives. My life experiences of working full time in both corporate, and as a business owner, alongside bringing up three children, has given me first-hand experience of the difficulties of juggling work and family responsibilities.
I provide a safe space to explore the issues that you are struggling with.
In my private practice I work with individuals and couples. I have a room overlooking the garden that offers a peaceful space for us to talk. I enjoy regular supervision for feedback and support and am continually updating my skills. The first appointment will provide us with the time to understand and recognize the areas in your life that might be causing you unhappiness.
In the follow up sessions, we can explore past experiences and consider your thoughts around the future. this is your space and time to use in a way that suits you. As you become more comfortable, we can work through whatever is causing your anxiety, stress or upset and discontent in your life; through gently unravelling and understanding your feelings, you become able, and more skilled, at seeing a clearer way forward.
At its most effective therapy can be a life changing process enabling people to feel more effective and fulfilled in their life. I use an integrative approach using a number of recognised therapies to ensure you work in a way best suits you, this includes CBT, REBT, person centred,psychodynamic amongst others.
- Qualifications & Experience• Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (integrative) Sept 2016, Chrysalis. Southampton University
• Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (integrative) Sept 2015, Chrysalis. Southampton University
• Certificate Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills, Chrysalis. Southampton University
• PGCE – Reading University
• BA (Hons) Sociology, Goldsmiths, University London
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken