Ms Henriette O'Bryan
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02741
Due to corona virus I only offer Online Counselling via Video, Phone, WebChat or Email Counselling.
Hello. My name is Henriette and I provide mental health support to adults over 18. I am an integrative psychotherapeutic counsellor providing person-centred therapy. This means we can explore your emotional distress in a flexible way at your own pace from different viewpoints and find ways to manage:
• feeling sad due to life changes like menopause, bereavement/grief
• hurt or other worries.
• loss of health, or terminal illness like cancer, loneliness,
• low mood
• low self-confidence
• low self-esteem
• panic disorder
• relationship problems due to affairs, betrayals, separation or divorce
• traumatic experiences
It can be nerve-wracking to open-up emotionally about intimate and private issues that are holding you back in life. Long term emotional suffering from anxiety and stress also affect your physical body. So, well done on taking the first courageous step to take more control over your circumstances.
I am an Accredited Registrant with the National Counselling Society and can provide you with a safe confidential space where you can explore your personal dilemmas. For online counselling work I am registered with the Association for Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO).
I support local clients in Bridgwater, Somerset, UK and online clients who travel globally or are ex-pats in various countries. We can work in real time via video/webcam, voice only (like telephone counselling) or instant chat (IM). Or if you prefer a delayed response time I offer email counselling via ProtonMail. Some clients find it helpful to switch between the different mediums whereas others prefer to stick to their preferred way of communication. The way of communication is your choice where you feel safest to:
• explore and make sense of curious, sad, anger-provoking, embarrassing, shameful or traumatic experiences;
• learn how automatic negative thoughts cause negative feelings and unhelpful behaviours including how to change these thoughts to experience more positive emotions and helpful behaviours;
• learn coping strategies or relaxation techniques to improve your mental well-being, manage anger or manage anxiety and stress;
• understand how you relate to yourself and others. This might explain distress or conflict situations with loved ones, friends or colleagues.
I am here to support you. Either indirectly, if you need to talk at your own pace or come to terms with a sad or difficult experience.
Alternatively, a more directive approach using psychoeducation and cognitive behavioural therapy (cbt) tools might be more appropriate if you want to change an unhelpful behaviour or learn to cope with anxiety and stress. Such approach may involve keeping journals, diary notes or working on goals between sessions.
Your problem is never too small and I shall always give you my full non-judgmental attention.
I look forward to hearing from you and until then, treat yourself how you would treat a good friend.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy Professional Development (CPD) represents my holistic outlook of the mind-body-spirit connection:
* Anxiety: Understanding Anxiety – and managing it without drugs (CPD)
* Autism – Working with Clients on the Autistic Spectrum (CPD)
* Bereavement: Cruse Bereavement Foundation Course - Working with Adults
* Bereaved by Suicide (CPD)
* Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma
* Counselling Children and Young People (CPD)
* Counselling: Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
* Counselling Practice Level 4 Diploma
* Counselling Skills and Reflective Practice Level 3
* Counselling Skills and Working with Loss and Grief Level 2
* Depression: How to break the Cycle of Depression (CPD)
* Eating Disorders Training Day (CPD)
* Gym Instructor Level 2
* Herbalism Diploma
* Low Self-esteem & Confidence - Supporting Patients
* Meditation Diploma
* Menofitness (fitness during & after menopause - CPD)
* Mental Health Awareness Module (CPD)
* Mental Health First Aid Certficate
* Mindfulness Workshop
* Meditation Diploma
* Nutrition Diploma
* Professional Relaxation Therapy
* Reiki 1 & 2 - Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki
* Safeguarding Module
* Self-Care for Practitioners (CPD)
* Solution Focused Brief Therapy (CPD)
* Stress Management Life Coaching (online course)
* Sudden and Traumatic Death Module (CPD)
* Suicide: Working with a Suicidal Clients
* Tai Chi Bang Instructor Level 2
* Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi for Exercise Instructors Level 2
* Trauma: De-mystifying Trauma
* Trauma - Rewind Technique
* Trauma-informed working with Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
* Trauma Healing – How to help clients access resource states
* Treating Chronic Stress
* Working in a time limited way module
Currently studying Psychology Degree
- What I can help with
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken