Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-02859
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” (Rogers).
I entered the world of counselling almost as a second career after spending 8 years in the corporate sector followed by a 15 year stint as a teacher in secondary education. My own life experiences as well of those of being in therapy led me to pursue this as a career for myself.
I hold a Level 5 Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice.
I work with a range of presenting issues including depression, anxiety, bereavement, and relationship difficulties. I work with a range of clients including children and young adults and am competent using a range of modalities.
I am an accredited registrant of The National Counselling Society as well as a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy. I abide by both Ethical Frameworks, which guides the values and principles at the heart of my practice: confidentiality, respect, equality. Like all registered therapists I am in regular professional supervision, which provides me with the support I need to work with my clients’ difficult material.
- Qualifications & Experience1. Level 5 Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice.
2. Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
3. Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory.
4. Level 3 Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken