Mrs Catherine Vincent
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03437
I initially became interested in Psychotherapy and became a counsellor as a result of experiencing counselling myself as a result of a close bereavement. Now I am dedicated to helping you get the help that you deserve enabling you to lead a happier & more fulfilling life.
My belief is that the therapy is key and that my role as a qualified professional psychotherapist is to help facilitate changes in your outlook and therefore empower you to overcome your difficulties. As I am integrative, I work with a number of different theoretical approaches, and as a result this enables me to meet your individual needs.
I can assure you that I am an empathic, non-judgemental counsellor and I provide a safe place where we can share and explore your feelings.
Outside of my private practice I teach students undertaking professional counselling training at University as well as providing counselling services for other organisations.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMA Counselling (University of Manchester)
BSc (Hons) Majoring in Psychology
Postgraduate Diploma Counselling (University of Manchester)
Diploma in Counselling Supervision
Individual Member of British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
Accredited Member of National Counselling Society
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken