Mrs Michele Brannan
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03546
I currently work as a counsellor in an addiction service and I’m experienced in working with a wide range of issues, such as drug and alcohol addictions, depression, trauma, bereavement, relationship and attachment issues and many more. I modify and personalise my therapy to suit each individual I work with. My approach is to provide my clients with a safe and non-judgmental place where they can feel listened to and supported to deal with the challenges they are faced with. This therapeutic environment and relationship supports clients to have a better understanding of where they are at in their lives and make the changes they feel are needed to progress and move forward in their life. This year I have started studying EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) therapy, which I will be introducing to my practice later in the year for the treatment of trauma.
- Qualifications & Experience• 2019 – Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
• 2018 – Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
• 2018 – Care Services Leadership and Management Level 4 Award
• 2017 – Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Level 3
• 2012 – Moving and Handling Level 4 Award
• 2011 – Learning and Development level 4 Award.
• 2006 – Internal Verifiers Award
• 2005 – PDA Professional Development Award: Supervising and Managing Personal Social Services.
• 2004 – Triple ‘P’ Facilitator.
• 2003 – Early Years Care and Education SVQ level 3.
• 2002 – D32/D33 Assessor’s Qualification updated 2007 to A1 award
• 1998 – HNC Social Care.
• 1995 – The Open University: Child Abuse & Neglect.
• 1994 – GSVQ Level 3 in Social Care.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Emotional issues
- Hypno-band (weight loss)
- Phobias: dentists
- Phobias: flying
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Stop smoking
- Languages Spoken