Miss Angela Wratten
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-04089
Hi, I'm Angela. I offer online counselling across the UK and walk and talk counselling in the Chessington, Epsom & Surrey area.
I am passionate about helping and supporting clients move from a place of feeling unhappy, frustrated or anxious to ‘feeling better’. I can listen and help if you have an issue causing you an upset in your life or at work or with a partner or family member or if you’re feeling a bit lost or you've had a loss in your life. Everyone can feel overwhelmed after an overwhelming experience. It’s natural. When feeling overwhelmed, it can be good to talk this through with a counsellor. Everyone is different. Counselling with me could be the next step you can take towards 'feeling better'.
I am flexible & offer long and short term counselling and we go at a pace that suits you. We may end up laughing, crying, experiencing a whole range of emotions as we work our way through whatever it is that brings you to counselling. No judgements from me - all I ask is that you are honest with me as we navigate the journey together.
* Online counselling suits those that appreciate the convenience and comfort of accessing therapy online, in your own home, at work or anywhere you choose.
No need for travel time and it’s easier to fit a session in during your day, in a lunch break, between work meetings, school pick ups or other life needs, or if you find getting about harder due to medical or accessibility reasons.
* Walk and talk counselling with me might suit you if you prefer the feeling of space, fresh air and nature or maybe the feeling of gentle movement and being re-energised as we walk and talk outdoors. I am not a fitness coach or personal trainer. I am offering more of a gentle walk around a country park area or sitting in a field or on a bench if preferred, as we talk together.
I currently offer a few weekday sessions for walk and talk therapy in the Epsom/Chessington area (within a 10-15min drive of Oxshott, Claygate, Ewell Banstead, Surbiton, Kingston, Motspur Park, Worcester Park, Raynes Park, Wimbledon). These sessions are specifically for 1-1 counselling whilst we walk together outdoors in a local country park. I like to meet clients via online video counselling for 1 or 2 sessions first, before we agree together whether outdoor walk and talk sessions are appropriate for your needs.
If you think that I match what you are looking for in a counsellor then just get in touch with me and we can book an appointment. We can then discuss together how I can help you to ‘feel better’. I look forward to meeting you.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People, Certificate in Counselling Skills and Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling. I am in regular supervision and am fully insured.
I originally trained and qualified with a BA Ed Teaching degree, before spending many years working in several Government Departments in Civil Service roles. I have also worked in various business organisations and schools, alongside providing counselling at a local charity and in my Private Practice.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken