Ms Melanie Wilkinson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-04111
I am a Humanistic, Person-centred Counsellor available to cover South Gloucestershire, North Somerset and Bristol. I work from a peaceful room located in Downend, and I also have rooms in Thornbury, Emersons Green & Portishead. I provide a personal therapeutic counselling service in my work with children, young people and adults.
As a committed therapist I work hard to understand your perspective and the predicament you are experiencing. The private, confidential and safe environment I provide enables you to express feelings, thoughts and attitudes freely without the fear of being judged or made to feel guilty.
I believe it is vitally important to establish an understanding and trusting relationship so that you can express your feelings and life to make sense of the present situation. This can enable you to look forward to a better understanding so that you can cope with life.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDuring my training I have worked in organisational settings before establishing my private counselling practice, which is based in Downend, South Glos. I also work from rooms in Thornbury, Emersons Green, and Portishead.
I also offer Counselling within secondary schools in North Somerset, working with students at their schools.
I hold a Higher National Diploma in Counselling Practice. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework. As well as private referrals, I receive referrals from Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) and from local youth organisations.
I am an Accredited member of NCS (National Counselling Society), and hold an Advanced Diploma in Clinical Supervision. This means I can offer valuable, supportive Supervision to fellow Counsellors, Students & other professionals.
I work as an Integrative Counsellor. This means I believe that every individual is unique and by taking this approach I can therefore tailor my practice to my client’s needs.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken