Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS17-04409
I have been practicing as a counsellor for over twenty years and as a supervisor for twelve years. I offer both short and longer term counselling.
I believe that the relationship between client and counsellor is key in our work together. This therapeutic relationship can provide a unique opportunity to reflect, explore and discover more about yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
I have a gentle, calm and friendly approach and provide a confidential and non-judgemental space. I value the individuality of each client and will adapt my way of working to their needs. I hold firm the belief that every individual has potential to grow and change and that the therapeutic relationship can nurture such growth.
I work with a wide range of issues, for example anxiety, stress, low self esteem, lack of confidence, anger, spirituality, bereavement/loss, depression, abuse, trauma, relationships and childhood issues.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMSc / PG Dip in counselling / PG Dip in supervision
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken