Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05534
I offer both short-term solution-focussed counselling, as well as longer-term more exploratory psychotherapy, to individuals, groups, and couples. I aim to provide a safe, empathic, non-judgemental and confidential environment in which people can talk about whatever they want, explore their experiences, discuss their problems and difficulties, decide what they want to change, and consider how to cope with what they can't change. I have experience in working within a simple talking and listening therapy if that is what you need and prefer. In addition, I have an interest in the conscious and non-conscious communications that emerge in relationships. However, my aim is to work flexibly and to consider your individual needs.
My approach is based upon Transactional Analysis (TA). TA is a theory of personality and social psychology that incorporates a model for therapeutic benefit. It is ideally suited to both short-term solution-focussed counselling, as well as longer-term more exploratory psychotherapy. You can find out more about TA here: (http://www.uktransactionalanalysis.co.uk/).
- Qualifications & ExperienceI trained at the Iron Mill College in Exeter and I have an Advanced Diploma in TA Studies. I am also a senior accredited member of the NCS. I have worked with a large number of clients in realising their desired outcomes, helping to bring about a successful conclusion to both longer-term psychotherapy (lasting a number of years) and short-term counselling relationships. Before running a private psychotherapy practice, I worked as a counsellor for Step4ward, a company that provides counselling services in Poole. I have also worked as a counsellor for a local bereavement charity, called Mosaic, which helps people who are coping with the loss of a loved-one. In the past, I've had several jobs in the mental health sector, working with people who have learning difficulties, as well as in forensic support. I bring to my work a passion for working with people. My goal is to form therapeutic relationships in which people can experience profound healing, positive changes, or better ways of coping.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken