Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06681
Hello, my name is Gemma O'Brien and I am a integrative counsellor, which means I draw from a number of different approaches to counselling. This allows for an open space where we can find a way of working which best suits you. Counselling is a collaborative effort of exploring one's thoughts, feelings and behaviours to better understand oneself and the struggles one is faced with.
I have worked with adults and young people with depression, anxiety, loss, low confidence and low self esteem, relationship issues and addiction.
If you would like to get in contact by email or phone please do. It is really important that you choose the right counsellor for you. I offer a 30 minute free consultation so that you can decide whether you would like to work with me.
Counselling is a great way to support yourself through life's difficult challenges.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 2 Award in Counselling Concepts
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Level 4 Diploma in Professional Counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken