Mrs Lynn Hogarth
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07622
Psychotherapy also referred to as talk therapy is a phrase for a variety of treatment techniques which are aimed to help a person identify and change worrisome emotions, thoughts, and behaviour.
Psychotherapy takes place with a trained and licenced mental health care professional. Meetings with me are one on one setting.
The approach I will use in counselling will depend on the the individual client.
I may combine and adapt elements of various approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is defined as a type of psychotherapy in which negative patterns of thoughts and behaviours about self, others and the world are challenged in order to improve unwanted behavioural patterns or treat mood/anxiety.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am an experienced, qualified, and registered Counsellor, with a Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Emotional issues
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken