Mrs Anita Roy
Also known as: tyrer
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07854
I am a mother, wife and a compassionate psychotherapist.
I am passionate about people especially those that have had traumatic experiences. I know what it feels like to feel different, to feel that no one understands what you are going through.
The main reason I chose to become a psychotherapist was inspired by my own journey. I want every person I encounter to feel like they have had an actual conversation, one that one would have with friends, whether it's about your most recent events or historical events, I just want you to feel like it is an open honest conversation that you would have had with a trusted friend.
I want you to feel a sense of connectedness more than anything, especially because right now we are so disconnected from each other in this world. There's many of us who feel like we are suffering in silence, that we are all alone, that we are screaming into a hurricane and no one is hearing us. That we are reaching out and there is no one out there crabbing us and saying, 'I see you, I see your worth, I value you, I hear your worth'.
I hope you get inspired and reach out for that connectedness.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBSc Hons In Person Centred Counselling
Diploma In Integrative Humanistic Counselling
And other Counselling qualifications
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Languages Spoken