Ms Alison Thorpe
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08005
Hello and welcome. I'm a warm and approachable counsellor offering sessions in person again, and I also really enjoy working online. Maybe you're feeling stuck, or unfulfilled, scared with all that's going on in the world, or feel low or hopeless. Perhaps you feel alone or struggle with worries. Perhaps you can't speak about what's happened to you, or how you feel about yourself, for fear it is too much or too heavy or too unacceptable for someone to hear. Or you feel ashamed or feel people won't accept you if you share how you really are? Clients have told me how safe and relieving it's been to share experiences with me, and find relief and ways to feel better or ways to go forward in life. I work with childhood trauma, including sexual abuse. I also teach and facilitate a straightforward but deep practice called "Focusing", which is a way of tapping into our inner life and world so we can heal what's harmed us or held us back or what society or other people have led us to believe and feel about ourselves.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDiploma in Therapeutic Counselling, City Lit, London.
Qualified Focusing Practitioner with the British Focusing Association.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken