Mrs Kelly Porch
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00146
I am an experienced and qualified therapeutic counsellor and I work with a wide variety of concerns and issues. I can promise that once you make that first step to contact me, I will provide a space where you will feel safe, supported, understood and not judged.
I can help you to:-
* Feel less anxious;
* Improve your depression and low mood;
* Be free from guilt and shame;
* Achieve a new normal in relation to health issues;
* Work through grief and loss;
* Feel less stressed;
* Develop better relationships;
* Overcoming addiction;
* Moving forward after addiction;
* Feeling less angry.
When you first make contact I will arrange to give you a call to briefly chat through what you are looking for support with and arrange an initial 30 minute consultation appointment at a time convenient for you.
This appointment will give us the opportunity to discuss what you are looking for support with as well as meeting me, getting a feel for where the counselling takes place and what it will be like. I will also answer any questions that you may have. There is no obligation to begin counselling with me after this appointment.
If you are a (trainee) counsellor or in a role where you would like some clinical supervision, I am also a qualified clinical supervisor. As a Counsellor, I personally value good quality supervision for my own practice (Kelly Porch Counselling) and always look forward to attending my supervision sessions each month. Therefore, I also ensure that I provide good quality supervision for not only (Trainee) Counsellors but other professionals who feel that they would benefit from clinical supervision to support their role.
I mainly provide supervision from a Person-Centered theoretical framework but I also have a variety of skills and knowledge in relation to other theories, modalities and practice.
I have provided nearly 2000 practice hours in my counselling career and run a private practice based in Kettering where I provide counselling for a variety of different presenting issues. I also have a specialist interest in providing counselling for those who have chronic illness/chronic pain and those who have recovered from an addiction but are struggling to cope with life free from the addiction.
I am also passionate about good quality training for potential Counsellors and so have set up the Northamptonshire Centre for Counselling Studies (NCCS) where I provide CPCAB counselling courses.
I believe that my roles of both Counsellor and Tutor encompasses all of the skills and qualities a Counsellor would be looking for in their Supervisor.
- Qualifications & Experience* Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
* Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
* Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Studies
* BSc Honours Degree in Psychology
* OCN Certificate in Counselling Supervision
* CoE Pain Management Practitioner
* Sexual Trauma Training by Zoe Lodrick
* Treating Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks
* Working at Relational Depth by Mick Cooper
* Understanding Attachment Theory by Niki Reeves
* Alcohol and Drug Awareness (Aquarius)
* Addictions Brief Advice and AUDIT Screening Tool Training (Aquarius)
* Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery (PODS)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken