Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS21-00014
Stress, anxiety, anger, guilt and feeling down are all normal human emotions but can sometimes lead us to behave in ways that are unhelpful to us. We may act impulsively or do something to try to take the feeling away.
Counselling with me is a skills based approach and whilst we acknowledge that the past may have influenced you, the real work is focussed on how to manage today and the future. After discussing your needs and aims for therapy, we can introduce skills and techniques that may be helpful to you.
These could be such things as; Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills (DBT), Anger Management, Anxiety Management, Relapse Prevention or a combination of these.
I became a counsellor in 1993 and have worked in a variety of establishments with individuals and groups, eventually becoming the manager of a team of counsellors in an NHS Addictions Rehab Unit. I trained in DBT Therapy in 1999 and again in 2010 via the Lineham Group and started private practice in 2013.
Counselling sessions are in your home (or workplace) if you are within a 20 mile radius of Lincoln or I am available for video online sessions throughout the UK.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDip Counselling, NLP (Pract), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy 1999 and 2010 by British Isles DBT Team in association with Behavioural Tech and the Linehan Training Group.
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours