Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS21-02801
I am Jen, a person-centred therapist working with LGBTQ+ and GSRD clients. I am a proud member of the queer community and a passionate ally for trans, non-binary and gender-noncomforming folk.
If you’re trans and living in the UK things are far from easy at the moment. I provide a safe, accepting and affirming relationship in which you can be your full self, and explore the impact of living in a world that can be unwelcoming and sometimes dangerous for those who don’t fit gender norms, or who have any kind of identity that is not considered ‘mainstream’ (cisgender, heterosexual, white).
In sessions I give you space to explore what is important to you, and we start from a position of being curious together about your experience and how you can understand yourself better. Through offering a relationship that is deeply empathetic, I aim to counteract the discrimination and lack of validation you may face in the world.
This enables you to be kinder to yourself. We can look at whatever is getting in the way of you thriving and living in a way that is meaningful for you.
- Qualifications & ExperienceQualifications and training
- Postgraduate diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (2012 York St John University)
- Accredited Professional Registrant with the National Counselling Society (2022)
- Continued professional development (CPD) including:
• Working with Transgender, Non-Binary and Gender-Questioning Clients (2021 Nscience)
• Queering Psychotherapy (2019 Confer)
• Trauma and the Body (2019 Nscience)
- over 10 years of experience providing counselling skills in different settings
- background in mental health support in charity sector
- worked in LGBTQ+ charities
- offer mentoring trainee LGBTQ+ therapists
- Fully insured
- registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- What I can help with
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Gender identity
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Suicidal feelings