Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS22-01365
Location: Whitley bay
BA (Hons) Hum, Dip Integ Counselling
I graduated from Nottingham Trent University with a BA (Hons) in Humanities.
After a time in the work place, I began my training as a counsellor and qualified with a Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling in 2016.
In 2015 I worked as a Volunteer Bereavement Counsellor at St Clare’s Hospice in Jarrow where I provided counselling to people experiencing bereavement.
In 2016 I Joined Cygnus Support in Ashington as a Volunteer Counsellor. Here I continued counselling people from the North East of England who needed help with a wide range of mental health conditions including bereavement, depression, anxiety and also survivors of domestic violence.
In 2018 I passed the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Certificate of Proficiency Assessment which means that he is now a registered member of the association.
In the same year, I set up Andrew White Counselling. A private practice based in Blyth and Whitley Bay areas of the North East of England.
- Qualifications & Experience• Diploma of Higher Education in Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling: Including Working with Grief and Loss, Working with issues of Harm and Abuse.
• BA (Hons) in Humanities: Including Psychology, Sociology and History.
• APT Accreditation Level 2 Solution Focused Therapy.
• Skills for Supporting Those Affected by Addiction. Level 2
• Working Appropriately with Loss and Grief
• Safeguarding Adults LEVEL 2
• Effective Anger Management Tool for Working with Men
• Understanding Men, Intimacy, and Shame
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Stop smoking