Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS22-01444
In the modern world, many of us struggle to find meaning and, for issues of my very own, I sought counselling. In sessions, my therapist challenged me and reassured me that IT WAS OKAY NOT TO FEEL OKAY. This period of time left me inspired - inspired to change not just my life, but to also help others so they can also do the same. I have experienced the power of counselling first-hand.
Taking a step back and having a look at your own life is NOT indulgent. If it is, then why is it? Why is it indulgent to step back, reflect and to want 'more'? It is through self-exploration that we gets closer to WHO we really are. It is only when we can be who we truly are that happiness prevails. I have seen it many times.
During our time together, it is my job to pick up on what is missing, to challenge you and to help you get to where you wish to be. If you are hesitant to reach out, be assured that counselling is an incredibly powerful approach in an ever changing world. Ask yourself this question: "What is stopping me?"
I offer counselling to individuals only. At the current time, counselling is being delivered in three different ways:
- Online via ZOOM or Google Meets.
- Walk & Talk Therapy during which we explore your issues in an outdoor space - some clients find it useful to talk when we are in / around nature. This option is only available in the Richmond / Twickenham area (postcodes TW1 and TW9).
- Text-based therapy for those who find it difficult to talk - this is a particularly useful service for: those suffering from abuse and/or domestic violence who may not be able to talk freely; those who have a medical condition that prevents them from speaking; or those who struggle with a range of hearing conditions.
You can message me on this website, or via my own website, and I will arrange for a brief call to go through the issues currently impacting your life. During this call, I form an idea of how I can help and will give you an insight into the way I work.
Once we have established a way of working together, sessions will take place at the same time each week, with each session usually lasting 50 minutes. On occasion, however, you may wish to book a double sesson to explore specific issues in more depth.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy training began with a Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy before embarking on a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Start exercising