Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: PB00P19
My name is Patrick Brook, and I am a qualified and experienced counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor working in Brighton & Hove, East Sussex. I work with diverse issues with people from all backgrounds on a short, medium or long-term basis depending on need, and I use various techniques and models. My specialism is Transactional Analysis.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have a Diploma in Counselling (Dip. Couns.), and a Diploma in Supervision (Dip. Sup.). I am a Certified Transactional Analyst in the field of psychotherapy (CTA P) as well as a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst in the psychotherapy field (TSTA P). I also hold an undergraduate honours degree in the Humanities, a Masters's degree in the field of Communication, and a teaching Diploma.
My professional body memberships include the UKCP, UKATA, EATA, ITAA, IARTA and IARPP.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken