Ms Angela Tilson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: AT00P11
My specialism is in stress and anxiety; I work with symptom management along with root causes simultaneously to help find resolve and repair for a positive future.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy early work in counselling was based around drug and alcohol misuse. It was such work that led me to widen my counselling expertise. I was particularly interested in looking closer into why some individuals find the need to self-medicate around their high levels of anxiety along with other maladaptive coping mechanisms. Naturally this lead me to look into and to work closer with issues around phobias, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, self-harm and free floating anxieties. When levels of fear are so high, coupled with a past event that proved to be life threatening, such findings can be indicative of Post-traumatic Stress and/or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. In 2013 I completed studies and gained a certificate in Recognising and Treating Post Traumatic Stress and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Languages Spoken