Member Status: Accredited
Member No: GG00P04
I have been working as a therapist since 2006. I worked for the NHS for 8 years doing short-term work (6-12 sessions) and have been a private counsellor since 2009 offering both short and long term work. This means that I have experience of working with a wide range of issues or difficulties.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a proactive and collaborative way of working and learning new skills, while Person-Centred Therapy is much more about exploration, reflection and shared discovery. I have found that the combination of the two approaches can be a powerful way to unlock hidden abilities, resources and to develop new views and strategies, or simply to make sense of what has happened in life.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBSc. Joint Hons.;
Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling;
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken