Mr John Brett
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: JB00P60
I work with people who have various psychological and emotional problems which affect their lives who wish to take positive action and change, and I specialise in treating panic attacks, anxiety disorders and depression. I also have an interest in working with pain and pain management and psychosexual therapy.
I provide a safe space for you to explore your feelings, thoughts and behaviour and work collaboratively with you to set realistic goals and move towards positive change.
I take an eclectic and integrative approach as needed using Counselling, CBT, Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Mindfulness and sometimes Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
Part of my work has involved supporting people who are suicidal or self harming, and I have completed Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) which provides a framework for supporting people who are suicidal to enable them to stay safe and empowering them to find support.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDip.Hyp, Cert.E.Hyp, Cert.S.Dep, Dip.CBT, MWFH, MSHA, MHS, MNCS (Accred).
ASIST Suicide First Aid Trained.
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken