Ms Jonnie Godfrey
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: JG00P16
I have been working in this field - counselling, psychotherapy, coaching and mentoring - for 22 years, both with individuals and with groups, in the community and in organisations. I also work voluntarily for an Oxfordshire-based charity: 'CleanSlate'.
I work integratively, applying my skills, knowledge and experience in ways to suit each client, helping facilitate changes in the present, understand and come to terms with the past and recognise how it influences both the present and the future. This fosters awareness of the link between head and heart, mind and body, and how one informs and affects the other. In the process I offer support, understanding, a different perspective, challenge, clarity - and humour where appropriate - on the therapeutic journey.
I believe the working relationship between client and therapist plays a key part in the process; an initial session is an opportunity to establish whether you feel heard and responded to appropriately, whether you could trust and feel confident in the working alliance, and could envisage developing a way forward, in tandem.
A telephone conversation, or e-mail exchange, is a good place to start.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDiploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
Practitioner & Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Qualified to use Pesso-Boyden System Psychomotor
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken