Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: JM00P18
I'm a registered Clinical Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, accredited Psychotherapist, and an approved Clinical Supervisor.
I am a registered Expert Witness for court cases for medical negligence, road traffic accidents, and workplace accidents.
I have more than 20 years of experience in counselling and psychotherapy and over 10 years in clinical psychology and neuropsychology.
I work from a range of psychological models, including EMDR, cognitive-behavioural, acceptance and compassion, mindfulness, analytical, solution focused and existential. I have extensive experience in working in mental health and neurorehabilitation/ neurodevelopmental settings, in particular in complex and busy environments.
I can work with individuals presenting with a range of difficulties, including PTSD, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress, bereavement and loss, brain injury, autism, ADHD, learning difficulties, aggression, and relationship issues.
I provide a range of assessments, including cognitive and IQ for traffic accidents, memory, executive functioning skills, ADHD, Autism, behavioural processing skills, mental capacity assessments for court, and many more.
I can also provide teaching, supervision and consultation to other professionals, counsellors and psychologists, students, and the general public.
I also supervise research and coursework. I am actively involved in staff training and CPD to ensure that care is systematic and consistent across teams. I have a range of publications in scientific journals and book chapter.
- Qualifications & Experience- Post-doctoral Certificate in Clinical Neuropsychology Practice- The University of Bristol (ongoing)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) Accredited Training - EMDR Academy (2020)
- Post-doctoral Diploma in Clinical Neuropsychology Theory - The University of Bristol (2019)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology - The University of Liverpool (2013)
- Certificate in 3rd Wave Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - British Psychological Society (2016)
- British Psychological Society (BPS) Advanced Supervisor Training (2015)
- Bond Solon Expert Witness Training (2013)
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - Chrysalis (Accredited by Open University/Royal College of Nursing) (2011)
- Professional Diploma in Hypnotherapy - Chrysalis (Accredited by Open University/Royal College of Nursing) (2009)
- MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health– The University of Northampton (2008)
- BA (honours) in Psychology with Criminology - The University of Northampton (2006)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken