Mr Miguel Montenegro
Member Status: Fellow Accredited
Member No: JM00P18
I'm a registered clinical psychologist, an accredited counsellor and psychotherapist, and an approved Clinical Supervisor.
I have more than 20 years of experience in counselling and psychotherapy and around 10 in clinical psychology.
I work from a range of psychological models, including cognitive-behavioural, analytic, systemic, person-centred, solution focused and existential. I have extensive experience in working in mental health and neurorehabilitation/ neurodevelopmental settings, in particular in complex and busy environments.
I can work with individuals, groups and families, presenting with a range of difficulties, including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress, weight loss, bereavement and loss, brain injury, learning difficulties, aggression, mindfulness and relationship issues.
I can also provide teaching, supervision and consultation to other professionals, counsellors and psychologists, students, and the general public.
I also supervise research and coursework. I am actively involved in staff training and CPD to ensure that care is systematic and consistent across teams. I have a range of publications in scientific journals and a books.
I am an approved RAID® trainer (by APT) and regularly facilitate the 3-day RAID training within my workplace for staff. I am enthusiastic, reflective, honest, self-motivated, a team player, personable, and work well with any person irrespective of their cognitive abilities.
Contact me if you need more details about my qualifications and experience.
- Qualifications & Experience- Post-doctoral MSc in Clinical Neuropsychology - The University of Bristol (ongoing)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology - The University of Liverpool (2013)
- Certificate in 3rd Wave Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - British Psychological Society (2016)
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - Chrysalis (Accredited by Open University/Royal College of Nursing) (2011)
- Professional Diploma in Hypnotherapy - Chrysalis (Accredited by Open University/Royal College of Nursing) (2009)
- MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health– The University of Northampton (2008)
- BA (honours) in Psychology with Criminology - The University of Northampton (2006)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken