Member Status: Fellow Accredited
Member No: KD00P09
I am an experienced lecturer and child therapist with a passion for working with children and young people that has spanned the last 25 years. My background is in Youth Services and the Education Sector. I work extensively with training providers as a Senior tutor on Accredited and Advanced Counselling and Post Qualifying Diplomas and as an Internal Examiner.
I am responsible for the provision and management of numerous counselling/therapeutic services in schools, both in the private and public sector.
I have an established therapeutic practice and a private clinic for professional supervision. I am a sworn Child Rights Campaigner and offer both training and consultancy to charities, organisations, professional bodies and Parliamentary groups.
I am a director of my own training company that trains professionals who support children/young people and their families.
- Qualifications & ExperienceFellow NCS, Snr Acc Reg, BA Hons, Ad Dip Int Couns, PG Child and Adolescents, PG Group Analysis, Ad Dip Clinical Supervision
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken