Mrs Millicent Martin-Lebert
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: MM00P09
As a Registered BACP and MNCS (ACC) psychotherapeutic counsellor I do not believe in ‘One size fits all’. I have over ten years' experience helping people cope with and eventually overcome their mental health problems. Rather than struggle through difficult times on your own, don’t hesitate to call me. I am here to listen without being judgemental; I provide the time, place, space, and pace for you to feel safe in a therapeutic environment. I will attempt to build our relationship on respect, openness, and trust, with a robust adherence to confidentiality.
Our first session is an attempt to build this therapeutic alliance as well as to discuss whether counselling will be right for you. This session carries a different charge than what you will pay if you wish to have further counselling sessions.
- Qualifications & Experience- Psychology and Criminology Bsc. (Hons)
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling Adv/Higher Dip. (MNCS) (ACC)
- Introduction to Counselling (Level 6)
- Psychiatric and Mental Illness (Diploma)
- Mental Health nursing background (working with a range of
acute mental health problems, such as depression, suicide and self-harm, as well as facilitating clients who experience dementia coupled with other psychological problems in a therapeutic setting).
Working experience of two and half years in a voluntary Drug and Alcohol services. My role involved:
• Helping clients to reduce alcohol consumption to within safe limits.
• Treatment outcomes improving health and emotional well being and improving quality of life.
• Work with client using Person Centred Therapy alongside other integrated intervention/models
• Prepared and involved client in care plan assessed their psychological needs and facilitated their potential in reaching their goal.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken