Mrs Ruth Robinson
Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS14-00644
I am a practising Emotional Therapeutic Counsellor and, through the use of Emotional Therapeutic techniques, I help clients to express and explore their feelings, in a safe and supportive environment. We work together to build self-esteem and confidence, and to find ways to solve current difficulties by recognising and using the client's own personal strength and potential.
I have previously taught for over 26 years in mainstream and special needs schools. I also ran a unit attached to a mainstream school for children with Autism. I have worked as an Advisory Teacher for Manchester and Gloucestershire Under 5's and the Foundation Stage. I have also worked as a Lead Teacher for the Gloucestershire Health and Well Being Team.
As a result of my experience, I now work as an Emotional Therapist with children and young people, as well as adults. I also work with adults for the Gloucester County Council Occupational Health Unit.
I truly believe that emotional health and well being is crucial for a contented, fulfilling life for young people and adults.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMFETC: Practicing member of the Foundation for Emotional Therapeutic Counselling.
MNCS (Accred): Accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
Member of the Emotional Therapeutic Council.
B.Ed (Hons). Teacher with 26 years experience in mainstream, special education, Autism Unit and Advisory Teaching Service for Health and Well Being and Under 5s/Foundation Stage for Manchester and Gloucestershire.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken