Ms Elaine Esherwood
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-00983
Thank you for reading my profile.
Throughout my working life I have been actively involved in enabling people to grow and change.
I am a professionally qualified, accredited Counsellor & Psychotherapist.
I am an accredited member of National Counselling Society and I am bound by and adhere to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I have worked mainly within in private practice and also in Schools in the West Midlands.
My work includes Bereavement, Eating disorders, Anxiety & Depression, Self-harm. I believe in continuous personal self-development and as such I have completed my 1st year in CAMHS and studied Counselling Psychology.
I am currently working with clients, age range from 7 to adulthood on weekly one-to-one sessions, with various presenting issues.
I have experience on Play Therapy, CBT, Psychodynamic approaches and sessions vary from 40-50 minutes, which is dependant on you the client.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAd.Prof Dip.PC, Registered Member MBACP, MNCS (Acc)
Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Papyrus Suicide Prevention Volunteer
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken