Ms Zoe Foster
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-01059
I am passionate about mental health and how it is perceived. We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. When our mental health is compromised, it can be as debilitating as a physical health issue. When we experience stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental health issue it often impacts our physical health also.
As part of my work I also specialise in the journey that is often labelled 'infertility' or 'fertility'. This can be an incredibly difficult and, at times, distressing experience. We often focus on the practical aspects of clinical intervention whilst trying to manage our own feelings and conflicts. Counselling is a powerful way to take control - particularly so when making difficult and emotional choices.
My work with clients is 'integrated'. Integrated counsellors draw on many varied theories and interventions depending on the clients needs and goals. One client may work more creatively and another more cognitively. I believe clients have strong resources, even if they feel they may not and it is the counsellors role to draw on these resources as well as their own experience.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy work with clients is 'integrated' and 'client-centred'. Integrated counsellors draw on many varied theories and interventions depending on the clients needs and goals. One client may work more creatively and another more cognitively. Client-centred work involves ensuring that the client's needs, goals and own resources sit at the centre of any work done during sessions.
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
BACP Registered Member (MBACP)
The National Counselling Society (MNCS)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken