Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-01129
I am a fully qualified practicing Person-Centred Psychotherapist Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor and work with any issue a person wants to bring to work with, because I work with The Person as The only true expert of themselves. Human...as we All Are. I have worked in this field in this way with people for over 15 years and it continues for me, to be a privilage to do so.
- Qualifications & ExperienceIntroduction to Counselling Skills (Warwickshire College)
Certificate in Counselling (Warwickshire College)
Advancd Diploma in Person-Centred Psychotherapy & Counselling (University of Warwick)
Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (NCS Accredited) Level 7.
Extensive hands on experience of working within the criminal justice sector. Having managed a counselling service within a prison for over 3 years and working within the probation service for over 6 years. I also worked within the area of drugs and alcohol for over 4 years and have qualifications covering all the areas I worked in within the CJS. I am a qualified clinical supervisor and currently supervise student and qualified counsellors.
I continue to upkeep my CPD and attend numerous ongoing and continuous personal and professional training courses and workshops.
Also for many years I worked as a clinical manager for a charity that specialises in working with people who have experienced or suffered sexual abuse at some point in their lives.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken