Mrs Lorraine Blackburn
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS14-01559
I am a mature independent therapist working from offices based in the town centre of Hitchin, also a private practice in SG5 area. I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist and accredited member of the national counselling society.
At the centre of my work are difficulties around relationships, adult survivors/victims of narcissistic/toxic relationships who have experienced the exploitations of others, be they friends, family, co-workers or partners and C-PTSD (complex-past traumatic stress disorder).
I offer a safe space where you are invited to speak freely about psychological, emotional or existential issues without judgement or comparison, in a supportive and facilitating environment to someone who really listens. I do not discriminate on the basis of Gender, Sexuality, Disability, Age, Race or Class.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold diplomas in hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and counselling including advanced (Accred). I have regular therapy and supervision and am a member of the NCS. In order to keep my practice relevant and up to date, I remain engaged in theoretical challenges and the relevant developing models within my field.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken