Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-01807
HelIo! I'm Ceri and I am qualified counsellor at BCS counselling. I can offer face-to-face sessions in our offices in Barry or online, depending on what suits you best. I am passionate about making a difference in people's lives and I know that coming to therapy can seem scary, but I promise you a safe, confidential, and non-judgmental space to explore your issues and help you overcome them.
I work in a pluralistic way allowing me to tailor my approach to suit you, and help you along your process, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic and Humanistic Approach. I can help with a wide range of issues from anxiety, depression, trauma, intrusive thoughts, and bereavement.
I work in a collaborative way, so we can work together to help work through your issues. I understand that the first step on this journey can be overwhelming, so please be reassured I will always work at a pace that you feel comfortable with, and we are working towards your desired outcome.
I am a current member of the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society, where I follow their ethical guidelines to keep my clients safe and provide the best service I can.
Thank you for reading my profile, I hope it helps you with the sometimes-difficult task of choosing a counsellor. If you have any questions around how I work or how I can help you, please do let me know.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am fully insured and an accredited member of the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society (NCPS) and I am based at BCS Counselling. I did my clinical placement at BCS Counselling working with a wide range of issues.
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice Level 5 - Chrysalis Courses
Diploma in Hypnotherapy and counselling Level 3 - Chrysalis Courses
BA (hons) degree in Counselling and Society - University of Wales, Newport
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken