Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-01812
Hello there. My name is Toby. Thanks for taking the time to look at my page. I hope the information I've provided here helps you with the sometimes difficult task of choosing a counsellor. I recognise this process can be challenging and confusing, so if you do have further questions feel free to get in touch via the contact details provided, and I'd be happy to try and help.
My sessions take place at a place most convenient for you, This could be in your home or at my office, the main focus is for you to be comfortable.
Barry counselling service is an ethical organisation with the goal of providing accessible face to face psychotherapy and counselling. I have daytime and evening appointments available and am happy to discuss setting up convenient appointment times with you.
My approach to therapy is integrative, meaning I draw on several therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Person Centred Counselling and Psychodynamic approaches. I aim to work with my clients to ensure we find an approach that fits our work most comfortably.
I aim to provide a safe, non judgemental environment, where we can work constructively and collaboratively.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a Registered Counsellor with the National counselling society. I have an Advanced professional Diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling and an Advanced Diploma in Counselling skills. I am a member of the National counselling society with the use of the designatory letters MNCS Accred. I am guided and abide by their professional practice guidelines. I receive regular clinical supervision and am fully insured to practice.
I have worked in a variety of mental health settings, educational and the voluntary sector. My experience includes, Child & Adolescent Mental Health, Adult Mental Health, Community Mental Health and Substance Abuse/Addiction teams.
During my clinical work I have supported clients with a range of psychological difficulties including; addictions, anxiety, anger, depression, low self esteem, post traumatic stress, social phobia, stress and relationship problems.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken