Mrs Mary Anne Smith
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02326
Essential contact details are initially confirmed by phone, or email if this is your preference. Confidentiality terms & costs are explained & this is also an opportunity to address any reservations you may have about therapy. A mutually agreed date & time can then be arranged for an initial face-to-face session (Telephone/Skype/Zoom etc.) for one hour & to establish relevant background to your presenting issue. I will assess whether or not, the issue you want to address, is something I feel qualified to take forward. If not, then I can help you with referral to a different colleague or organisation. This ensures the best quality of service. A Therapeutic Contract, stating terms & conditions for our work together, is discussed, once you're comfortable that you would like to proceed. The decision to take up therapy, at this stage, is purely your choice. DBS Certificate.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAccredited Member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS Accred) 2019 & working under the NCS Code of Ethics (available to view online). 100 supervised client contact hours completed during Accreditation Training at a Counselling Charity in Bristol ( Knowle West Health Association KWHA). I continued to work for a further two years, as a part-time volunteer counsellor for the same Charity, which offers free open-ended counselling..
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (AdDipPC) August 2018
Diploma in Counselling Skills & Theory Level 4 (Dip CST) Feb 2017. Both qualifications are endorsed by the Professional Standards Authority.
My professional membership means that I work within an ethical framework at all times, to ensure your safety. This includes regular monthly supervision & ongoing personal & professional development, offering you the most up-to-date service.
I qualified as an accredited Hypnotherapist in 2015 following a fulfilling life-long career as a Pharmacist. I feel that my dedication in this professional role has cultivated a deeper level of empathy in relation to a wide range of medical conditions. Ultimately this means that I can wholeheartedly support you & your general well-being on your therapeutic journey.
- What I can help with
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken