Mr Owen Newman
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02543
I specialise in problems with anxiety, depression, compulsions, OCD, work-related stress, relationships, anger management, insomnia, phobias, self-confidence and motivation.
My approach is based in the tradition of cognitive behavioural counselling and psychotherapy (or CBT), providing a supportive and focused framework for you to change how you feel, think and act in response to problems and challenges.
I'm based in Hampstead/West Hampstead NW3 and also offer sessions via Skype, Zoom or phone. For more details, please call me on 07956 283 702, email me at email@example.com or visit my website at www.owennewman.co.uk.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI trained at King's College London University and at The College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies London. I hold a BA (Hons) in Philosophy, a Certificate in Counselling and three postgraduate diplomas in CBT: a Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Counselling and Psychotherapy, and an Advanced Diploma in Integrative Cognitive Behavioural Counselling and Psychotherapy. I am DBS certified.
The types of CBT that I specialise in are: Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy (REBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Therapy (CT) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (MBCBT).
These approaches are practical and evidence-based, meaning that they have been extensively researched, tested and shown to be very effective, usually in a short period of time.
I work by integrating these approaches in ways that will suit your individual needs and preferences.
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Emotional issues
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Languages Spoken