Miss Kerry-Anne Graham
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS15-02656
I am a qualified, registered Counsellor with a Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
My specialism is assisting clients with Mental Health issues, which can include Stress, Anxiety and Trauma. I have developed these skills from working in the Acute Mental Health Team and obtained a Level 4 Certification in Community, Mental Health and Psychiatry.
My working approach is Person-Centred, Psychodynamic and Strength-Based:
• Person-Centred – ensures that you are actively listened to, on a case-by-case basis, whilst being treated with dignity, empathy and compassion.
• Psychodynamic – means that your core issues are aimed to be established; when comfortable for you. In establishing your past root cause, this can have positive impacts on present issues.
• Strength-Based – focuses on the positives of what has been disclosed to me in a session.
I practise in a flexible and professional manner, providing a safe space for you to explore your issues.
- Qualifications & ExperienceProfessional Diploma (Prof.Dip PsyC.) (Level 5) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – part-time course at University of Manchester, (3 February 2018 – 4 February 2018):
• Case study of my 100 hours work experience.
• Able to carry out clinical practice to a professional standard.
• Respond effectively to complex client issues.
• Experience of Supervision.
• Student reflective review of Placement.
Level 4 Certificate in Community, Mental Health and Psychiatry – home course through Distance Learning Centre (17 June 2017 – 21 September 2017):
• Mental Health workers.
• Self-Harm and Suicide.
• Depression, Anxiety, Stress
• Mental Health related Acts.
• Personality disorders.
• Abuse and Trauma.
• Listening skills and Validation.
• Stress, Bulimia, Anorexia.
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring, part-time course taken through NHS via Continuum Coaching, Coaching for Success, (25 April 2017 – 6 February 2018):
• Developing a spectrum of leadership styles.
• Controlling, assessing and developing internal processes.
• Enhancing personal motivation.
• Encouraging innovation, creativity and initiative taking.
• Developing talent.
• Setting clear direction.
Advanced Diploma (Ad. Dip. PsyC) (Level 4) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – part-time course at Southampton University, (5 March 2017 – 18 February 2018):
• Humanistic Approaches, Transactional Analysis, Erikson & Gestalt, Perls.
• Integrative Counselling & Integrative Therapy.
• Anxiety, Stress, GAD, Depression.
• Ethical Codes, Moral Obligations.
• Counter-Transference, Mirroring, Body Language.
• 100 supervised Counselling placement hours.
Counselling Skills & Theory (Dip CST.) (Level 3) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – part-time course at Southampton University, (1 November 2015 – 6 November 2016):
• Time Model (Past, Present, Future).
• Grief, The Grief Curve; Bowlby & Warden (focusing on after death) and Elizabeth Cooper Ross (focusing on someone approaching death).
• Freud, The Psychodynamic Theory.
• Carl Jung, The Jungian Theory.
• Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Phobia, GAD.
• Self-Defeating Behaviours.
• Relationships: The Social Exchange Model, Thibaut and Kelley & The Equity Theory Walter and Hatfield
• Rogerian Theory, Person Centred Approach.
• Rapport, Boundaries, Body Language, Ethics.
Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Cert. Hyp CS) – part-time course at Southampton University, (20 October 2014 – 13 September 2015):
• Hypnotherapy Techniques (Eye Focus, The Handshake Method, Regression).
• Stress, Anxiety, Phobias.
• Habits, Quit Smoking, Weight Loss.
• Cognitive Therapy, EFT, TFT.
• Hypnoanalysis and Physical Symptoms.
• Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills.
• Modalities, Language Patterns, Rapport.
• Intimate Relationships, Sex & Reproduction.
• NLP Rewind Technique.
- What I can help with
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken