Mr Christopher Williams
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03430
Location: Bentham Nr Lancaster
Prior to working as a Counsellor , I taught children with emotional and behavioural problems.I have, also experience as a Counselling Lecturer having worked at the University of Cumbria in addition to various FE Colleges. Whilst at the University of Cumbria I was given the opportunity to manage the Student Counselling Service as Head of Service.
My time in Counselling has also seen me work as a Supervisor and Exam Board Moderator.
I have worked in the Charity Sector with both RELATE and CRUSE bereavement care.Whilst with CRUSE I was part of the team that designed the training programme for Counsellors working with children and young people.
My present posts involve me working in a number of schools with young people with a variety of difficulties. I set up my own Company called INSIGHT with the motto 'Working today for a better tomorrow' this sums up my attitude to the therapy I offer. I have experience of working across the age spectrum, both with young people and adults. Please contact me if you have any questions and I will endeavour to answer them. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile, and always remember that it's important for YOU to find the 'right' therapist for YOUR needs!
Please note although I have a Lancaster postal code I am based in LOW BENTHAM.
- Qualifications & ExperienceCertificate of Basic Training, British Society of Medical and Dental Hypnosis, 2007; Certificate in How to Manage Anger and Conflict, EPB, 2003; Certificate in Counsellor Supervision, University of Leeds, 1998; Certificate in Cruse Counselling Supervision, RELATE trained, Certificate in Bereavement Counselling.2020 BACP/Open University online and telephone counselling course
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken