Mrs Kirsty Mann
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03534
Hi I'm Kirsty.
As a counsellor, my aim is to help you feel better and work through what issues may be concerning you just now. I work both in private practice but also as a sessional counsellor for a local charity.
I'm an integrated psycho-therapeutic counsellor, but what does that mean? It simply means I am enable to adapt and use a range of models and approaches, that will be most suited and comfortable for you.
It's important to me, that you feel confident and comfortable in working with me, so please contact me if you would like to find out more about how I might be able to help you, or answer any questions you may have,
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have a experience in working with individuals affected by chronic illness and, or, a life changing diagnosis. I have specific knowledge and skills in working with those affected by organic conditions such as Dementia and Parkinson's Disease.
I have undertaken specific CPD in relation to supporting adult siblings of children with disability through the organisation Sibs, and identify the needs of those as being different to issues considered under the wider umbrella of 'relationships'.
My formal qualifications are:
Professional Development Award Practice Learning
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Seasons For Growth Companion (Adults)
Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills Level 3
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Panic attacks
- Self esteem
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / m.e.
- Languages Spoken