Ms Thalia Martin
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03884
I'm a qualified, skilled counsellor, with 25 years' experience in mental health. I have worked with a wide range of clients.
If you're experiencing anxiety dealing with to the current coronavirus crisis, relationship problems, general anxiety, depression, or other issues that are making life difficult for you, I can help you to find a way forward in these difficult times.
I see each person as unique, and offer you the space to develop in your own way, in a confidential and supportive environment. This can help you to reach a greater understanding and acceptance of yourself, and to experience life in a more rewarding way.
My approach is Integrative and Person-centred, which means I work in a flexible way, according to your individual needs.
It can be helpful to look at emotional difficulties in the context of family and other social relationships. Taking time to explore these relationships with an independent, supportive professional can give you more confidence in yourself, and in how you deal with others.
I offer both short-term and open-ended counselling, depending on what is right for you. You're welcome to ring or email me if you'd like to arrange an introductory session, or to find out more.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDiploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body).
Certificate in Person-centred Counselling (ABC Awards).
Open Dialogue Foundation Training.
7 years in private practice.
I worked for many years with mental health charities, supporting people with a wide range of needs.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken