Mrs Ali Binns
Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03910
I'm a CBT therapist and as such have an open, collaborative and supportive approach to therapy. Our work is based on your therapy goals, and together I will support you to overcome your difficulties, helping you to overcome any obstacles which are keeping you stuck.
CBT is based on the principles that our thoughts, feelings, behaviour and bodily symptoms are all connected, and that by changing our relationship with our thoughts, and our behaviour we can change the way we feel.
CBT is recommended by NICE and the NHS for anxiety and related conditions, and depression. It's a beneficial treatment for many other problems, ranging from low self esteem, to pain management, insomnia, IBS, social anxiety, phobias and a range of emotional problems.
I regularly use Mindfulness as a way of supporting treatment, as well as methods drawn from Compassion Focused Therapy and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
Please feel free to get in touch to see if CBT could help you.
- Qualifications & Experience* Advanced Diploma in CBT / REBT (Distinction); College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
* Advanced Integrative Diploma in CBT / REBT (Distinction); College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
* Diploma in CBT / REBT; College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
* Foundation Certificate in Person Centred Counselling; BCPC, Bath
- What I can help with
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken