Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-03933
Hello, I'm Rosie and I am an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist.
I work with adults and children and young people from the age of 5 years.
I am based in Tilehurst, Reading.
I believe that we all have the ability to grow, heal and change, regardless of what we have experienced in life.
I am committed to providing psychotherapeutic counselling in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space, where you can feel supported, listened to and accepted.
I believe that everyone is unique and that people are diverse and complex. I place a strong emphasis on building a trusting, supportive and caring therapeutic relationship with you in order to create a firm foundation for the work we will do together.
I believe that because of our uniqueness, there is no single approach that can treat each client in all situations. I therefore draw from a range of theories and techniques including person-centred, psychodynamic and CBT.
I offer short term and open ended counselling, working alongside you at your own pace, in order to support you to uncover the root of your issues and make the changes you require in your life.
I have over 20 years experience of working with children and young people and offer counselling for a wide range of issues, from the ages of 5 upwards. I offer shorter sessions for young children, where we can draw, colour and do arts and crafts, whilst we talk.
- Qualifications & ExperienceProfessional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice – Prof.Dip Psy C.
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling – Ad Dip PC
Diploma in Counselling Skills and theory – Dip CST
Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills – Cert Hyp CS
Qualified Teacher Status.
PGCE Early Years
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken