Dr Ibrahim Ndabavunye
Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS16-04043
I have developed broad knowledge of clinical psychology assessments, formulations and evidence-based interventions to Adults, Children and young people (aged 4-18 years) and their families in various service settings including NHS, primary care, outpatients (Hospitals), community, inpatient and forensic services, as well as independent sectors.
I have developed expertise in working with clients who experience a range of mental health difficulties including anxiety disorders (Phobia, Panic Disorder, Trauma & PTSD, OCD, Eating Disorders), self-harm behaviours and co-morbid developmental disorders (ASC, ADHD), Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar Disorder), Personality Disorders and Psychosis spectrum.
My knowledge of an integrative psychologist allows me to draw from a range of approaches including behavioral therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, trauma-focused CBT therapy, solution focused therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapy, psychodynamic therapy, family/systemic therapy and the third waves of CBT (Mindfulness, breathing and relaxation techniques, etc.).
- Qualifications & ExperienceIbrahim holds a Bachelor and Master degrees in School of Psychology from National University of Rwanda, a Post-graduate and Ph.D degrees in Clinical Psychology from Catholic University of Louvain (UCL).
- What I can help with
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Languages Spoken