Miss Angela Wratten
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS16-04089
Hi, I'm Angela. I offer online counselling across the UK and face to face counselling & walk and talk counselling in the Birchington & Westgate on Sea area of Kent Thanet.
I am passionate about helping and supporting clients move from a place of feeling unhappy, frustrated or anxious to ‘feeling better’. I can listen and help if you have an issue causing you an upset in your life or at work or with a partner or family member or if you’re feeling a bit lost or you've had a loss in your life. Everyone can feel overwhelmed after an overwhelming experience. It’s natural. When feeling overwhelmed, it can be good to talk this through with a counsellor. Everyone is different. Counselling with me could be the next step you can take towards 'feeling better'.
I am flexible & offer long and short term counselling and we go at a pace that suits you. We may end up laughing, crying, experiencing a whole range of emotions as we work our way through whatever it is that brings you to counselling. No judgements from me - all I ask is that you are honest with me as we navigate the journey together.
* Online counselling suits those that appreciate the convenience and comfort of accessing therapy online, in your own home, at work or anywhere you choose.
No need for travel time and it’s easier to fit a session in during your day, in a lunch break, between work meetings, school pick ups or other life needs, or if you find getting about harder due to medical or accessibility reasons.
* Face to face counselling together will take place in my therapy room in Birchington (within a 10-20 min drive of Margate, Broadstairs, St. Peter's, Ramsgate, Thanet, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Sandwich, Canterbury Kent area). The room is furnished comfortably and separated from the house to ensure space, privacy and confidentiality. There are toilet and kitchenette facilities available and a gravel pathway followed by three concrete steps into the counselling room (therefore, unfortunately, no wheelchair access and limited access for those with some physical disabilities). The Counselling room is easily accessible by public transport - nearest bus stops and train station are a 10 minute walk. There is no parking available on-site but plenty of free parking available nearby in neighbouring roads.
* Walk and talk counselling with me might suit you if you prefer the feeling of space, fresh air and nature or maybe the feeling of gentle movement and being re-energised as we walk and talk outdoors. I am not a fitness coach or personal trainer. I am offering more of a gentle walk around along the coast or sitting on a bench if preferred, as we talk together.
Subject to diary availability, I offer a few sessions for walk and talk therapy in the Westgate on Sea & Birchington area. These sessions are specifically for 1-1 counselling whilst we walk together outdoors on a public coastal path. I like to meet clients F2F or online video counselling for 1 or 2 sessions first, before we agree together whether outdoor walk and talk sessions are appropriate for your needs.
If you think that I match what you are looking for in a counsellor then just get in touch with me and we can arrange a free no-obligation phone consultation or to book an appointment. We can then discuss together how I can help you to ‘feel better’. I look forward to meeting you.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People, Certificate in Counselling Skills and Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling. I am in regular supervision and am fully insured.
I originally trained and qualified with a BA Ed Teaching degree, before spending many years working in several Government Departments in Civil Service roles. I have also worked in various business organisations and schools, alongside providing counselling at a local charity and in my Private Practice.
- What I can help with
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken